Monday, November 23, 2009

Eureka!

Through the wonderful post of LJer Jama Rattigan, I have found a publisher to submit my picture book story to!!!  She had posted a review for this book ... 





 ... check it out!  So cool!!!  The publisher is Shen's Books and they are right in Northern California.  I was so excited about submitting to them that I printed out the most current critiques I had on my story and am now in the process of polishing it up to send out asap.  Well, that was my intention.  As I reviewed the critiques, one in particular stood out and had me thinking.  She brought up some very valid points to improve upon so now the revision and polishing is taking a little longer.  But I mustn't neglect my WIP!!  And since I want to be a good member of my critique group and submit on time, I will work on my chapters to sub to my group first and if time permits (and it will!), I will work on my picture book submission.

On another note, I've decided to resurrect my notes from the SCBWI Summer Conference and share some of it (whatever I can decipher that is) here on this blog.  I think I mentioned this in my previous post so sorry for the repetition.  The next post will probably be my notes from Jennifer Hunt's talk, "Finding Your Inner YA".

Till then ...

ttfn

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you switched blogs! I have to do that someday. Waiting until I get published though. ;) Best of luck with your picture book sub!

    ReplyDelete